Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Cause thats where they keep the computers...."

Famous Bank Robber Willy Sutton said he robbed banks because, "thats where they keep the money."

Willy, the modern world would have confused the hell out of you.  Frankly, it confuses me.

I like using half-dollars for coin magic.  Their size makes them both seemingly harder to hide while at the same time actually easier to manipulate.  When I was a kid I used to get rolls of them at the Bank.

I have a show coming up in a few weeks and I need to start practicing.  I went to 3 different banks, all of who gave me nothing but dumb looks when I asked for a roll of half-dollar coins.

I don't get it.  The government is still minting them, where are they going?  Aren't the banks supposed to be the oens who distribute currency?

I guess these days tha banks aren't where they keep the money, but just where they keep computer records.  In the end, I had to order them directly from the US Mint and pay $1.25 a peice by the time I added in rush postage.

Its a very weird world I find myself in.

No comments: